A cosmetic dentist versus a regular general practice dentist… what is the difference?
You (or anybody for that matter) may have perfectly healthy teeth. A dental patient may brush and floss regularly and not have any cavities. However, the question is if they are happy with their smile or not.
This is where cosmetic dentistry comes into place. This is the term used for dental work that improves the appearance of a person’s smile by making cosmetic treatments to their bite, gums and/or teeth.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments:
Although there are others, here are some of the more common types of treatment for cosmetic dentistry…
- Reshaping- This typically involves both the addition of enamel-like material to the surface of a tooth and shaping and sculpting its contour in order to adjust its shape and improve its appearance.
- Whitening – This is a process that gets rid of stained, discolored or yellow tint on teeth, a dentist can bleach or otherwise treat them to bring out the whiteness.
- Veneers – These are porcelain laminates that are made custom for a patient’s teeth. Veneers are individually applied to the surface of the teeth.
- Orthodontics – This is the practice of adjusting the teeth until they are aligned and straight.
- Dental Implants – An artificial tooth root used to support restorations in case of tooth loss and other ailments. (Dr. Wagner is the top dental implant dentist.)
If you have a healthy smile but are just not as happy or proud of it as you would like to be, maybe it’s time to look into cosmetic dentistry.
There is no better team of dentists to help you than those at Modern Dental in Boise. Speak with Dr. Wagner to see if cosmetic dentistry is the solution you are looking for!
Photo Source: http://www.nycdentist.com/dental-photo-detail/484/182/180/sculpting-for-tooth-length-reshape-teeth